RE: polishing/waxing a car with orbital waxer..

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: polishing/waxing a car with orbital waxer..
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:32:21 -0700
> You can damage paint with a buffer.  The foam pads are
> the least aggressive, the wool are the most.

I learned a few weeks ago that there is an important distinction between a
random orbit waxer and a buffer.  The pad on the waxer does not spin once it
contacts the vehicle, it only moves in small circles.  This means it is also
moving much slower than the edge of a spinning buffer (which is moving at
several thousand feet per minute), which makes it much less likely to damage
the paint.  Not impossible, but less likely.

Randall