RE: Slightly off-topic question

To: "Shop-Talk list" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slightly off-topic question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:06:36 -0700
Thanks for the reply, Eric.

> If it turns out it is necessary to get 24' 2x6's up there (so
> that they are
> resting over bearing walls) is it possible to remove the fascia and slide
> them in from outside?

Unfortunately, in one direction is the rest of the house, and in the other
is my neighbor's house.  (Yes, we have large houses on tiny lots.  Only
takes about 15 minutes to mow the entire yard <g>)  Also, the slant of the
roof comes down and touches the outside end of the beams.  I could do a
fairly modest hole in the roof, and bring a 24' timber up from the inside,
sliding it out the hole and then back into place, but I really hate to tear
a hole in my new roof.

Randall