Re: Electric Oven Power Requirements

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: Electric Oven Power Requirements
From: "J. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:09:55 -0400
Mike:

I'm using an old wall oven, so there were never any burners to contend with.  I
run it with on a 220v/30a line with no problem at all.  It even will go into
self
cleaning mode with broiler and bake elements on, and still no problem.

Incidentally, the wall oven was an interesting approach because I believe they
are insulated more than conventional stoves since they are typically installed
inside cabinetry.  Less HAZ in the shop.  A drawback, though, is that it's
smaller than most conventional stoves that I've seen.  I don't know if all wall
ovens are smaller; not much experience with that sort of thing.