Insuring your shop

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Insuring your shop
From: "Wayne" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:50:59 -0700
I will be installing a wood stove this fall as a secondary source of heat. I
suppose I should contact my insurance agent and make sure this doesn't screw
up the coverage in anyway. I'm a bit reluctant to do this however, as he may
just see this as an opening to sell me yet more insurance. The wood stove is a
new certified stove that I will install per code. I wonder if the insurance
agent will say that the stove needs to be installed by a certified installer?
I guess I'll call him and let him know what I'm up to. Better to find out if
I'm covered now rather then after something happens.

What do you guys do about insuring your shop and its contents? Do you have a
separate policy or just have it lumped in with your homeowners coverage?

Wayne