RE: Impact Wrenches

To: <LBC286@aol.com>, <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Impact Wrenches
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:27:39 -0400
> From: LBC286@aol.com [mailto:LBC286@aol.com]
>
> I just got a Sears Craftsman catalog and they have the 600lb/ft (off
> direction, 450 on direction) and it's on sale right now.  <...> This
> particular model is manufacutred by Ingersoll Rand, and it looks
> identical to their IR2131, <...> the price at Sears was about $160.

I also have this Craftsman gun, and it is the IR2131 with a Sears label.
It works VERY well.  I bought it one Sunday morning (I was desperate and
didn't have time to shop around), but lucked out and caught it on sale
for around $160 also...

I do however keep using my old "standard" impact (which I also bought
at Sears 20+ years ago for normal usage, and bring out the new gun when
I need the extra "oomph"...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA