Re: Impact wrench, UPDATE

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Impact wrench, UPDATE
From: "Eric" <eric@megageek.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:57:10 -0400
DING DING DING DING......

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Mike asked...

>Are you absolutely positive that they are not left hand threads?

Who in HELL created left handed threads?  What sadistical reason could
they have possibly had?  Has anyone ever had a right handed treaded lug
nut come loose on 5 bolts at once??

Of course, I tried the new impact wrench on all 5 of them before I knew
this!!  (yes, that means that I am now the one that tightened them to
600lbs and my brand new wrench can only do 450LBS in reverse (which is
REALLY forward)!!)

But, I've got the lugs off and a new impact gun!!!

BRING ME THE HEAD OF THE LEFT HANDED THREAD GUY!!!!!!!

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.