Re: angle grinder?

To: rf-list@centerone.com, Tim.Mullen@trw.com
Subject: Re: angle grinder?
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:03:57 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/02 11:42:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rf-list@centerone.com writes:

> Sears right now has a deal going where I can get a 4.5" craftsman grinder
> kit with a few wheels and stuff for like $45.  Is this something I should
> look at?  Someone said the craftsman one lasted forever (which I agree
> with, every other craftsman tool I own is indestructable - my drill press
> was made by them and is over 50 years old, was my grandfather's, and it
> runs like new!), however the low price concerns me.  I'd rather spend an
> extra $30 if it means I'm getting a tool that will *never* die.  Thoughts?
> Or should I go get this while I can for that price?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Craftsman is probably decent.  I went the cheep route.  Go to
www.homier.com, figure out how to get to the tool section, and search for
grinder.  Somewhere in there you will see their 4" angle grinder for $5.99.
Buy a half dozen of them for less than one Craftsman.  At 6 bucks, I consider
them a disposable tool.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget