RE:Drianage from downspout

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Drianage from downspout
From: "Wayne" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:51:32 -0800
Thanks guys. The termination of the flexible pipe collapses and fills with
dirt etc. I didn't know they made a termination end like was mentioned for the
hard walled stuff. That may just do the trick along with a small bed of
gravel. If I can get the right angle coming off the downspout with the
hardline I should be able to run it out over the top of the septic mainline
with no problems. I may need to use some flexible pipe from the bottom of the
downspout to the mouth of the hardline. That may also allow me to pull off the
flexible line at the bottom of the downspout when needing to clean out the
line. Is there a connector that will allow the joining of the flexible drain
pipe with hard walled?

Wayne

You can get hard walled drain pipe in either solid of perforated versions. You
could make the run from downspout to the exit with a solid part around the
septic tank and perf before and after.

Why is the end clogging? is it simply collapsing when you run over it?
Backfilling with dirt? Other?

The last time I did this, I ran the pipe underground as you describe to a
small, ~1' gravel pit where the pipe broke the surface. The water has some
place to drain and dirt isn't anywhere near. An advantage of the hard walled
drain pipe is that they sell end drains for them. It is like an end cap, but
with 10-20 vertical slots for drainage. I don't glue it on so I can open it if
I need to clean it out.

Do you put the pipe perforations in the right orientation? :)