Re: Harbor Freight blast cabinet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight blast cabinet
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 20:36:18 -0400
At 06:16 PM 5/19/03 -0400, ejrussell@mebtel.net wrote:

>Quoting Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>:
>

>> I'm finally getting serious about a small blast cabinet (operative
>> word *small* - I haven't much room to spare in what passes for my shop).
>
>My guess is that the HF item would do what you are asking but you will also
>find lots of stuff that WON'T fit (and you'll wish for a bigger cabinet).
>
>Consider building your own. With a modicum of woodworking ability, you can
buy
>the parts you need from www.tiptools.com & your local lumber supply/home
center
>and custom make your own for about the same cost as the HF one you are
looking
>at.

If you have the room in your shop for a larger cabinet, yes, buy or
build one.  But if your shop is like mine, 10 lbs in a 2 lb sack, then
the portable one is great.  For big things I have a pressure blaster.
I also have to do all my blasting outside of the shop.  No room in the
shop to set up the blast cabinet, and vac. :(  Really need a bigger
garage.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org