Shop layout and Paint booth questions....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop layout and Paint booth questions....
From: a57oval@juno.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:31:56 -0700
Hi list;

 I have been a lurker for quite some time and have found this list to be
very informative.

 I am currently having 30x62 foot pole building put up. I have 30 feet
deep by 36 feet wide to work with. In this space I will be doing all of
the processes involved in restoring old hot rods. This entails
disassembly,stripping, rust repair,bodywork,paint,re assembly, and parts
storage. I am having a difficult time figuring out how to split up the
space. It would be ideal to have a"clean" room for paint work. My
compressor will have to go somewhere in this space as well as a blast
cabinet(3feet deep x  5feet wide) , a MiG welder, a rollaway, and misc.
carts, hand tools and shelving.

THE BIG QUESTION;

 In your past experience what worked for you? What should I avoid? What
is a must do? How do I split up the space? I was thinking a 16 ft wide
"clean" room and the remainder for the rest of the work. Problem with
that is the parts get covered with dust etc.

And about this clean room Is anyone familiar with positive pressure paint
booths? Water curtains?

Any help you all can give me would greatly be appreciated,

Peter