RE: Squeeze Bottle

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: RE: Squeeze Bottle
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:34:47 -0700
> Sounds pretty neat.  But I'm not so sure it's a good idea to use
> it both for oil and brake fluid.  You don't want to get even a small
> amount of oil in your brake system.

If it's worrisome, you could flush the 'probe' with some clean brake fluid
before putting it in the reservoir.

But, with the vacuum running, there is zero chance of anything dripping out
of the inside (it's much stronger than a household vacuum cleaner), and it's
easy enough to wipe off the outside.  I only use it when I'm removing all of
the brake fluid anyway (which is something I rarely do now that I use only
DOT 5).  Of course, the fluid that goes through the hose is certainly
contaminated, not suitable even for lubricating brake parts.

YMMV
Randall