Compressor

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compressor
From: William CLINTON <wilclinton@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:06:04 -0500
Hey guys, I'm new to this but have got a ton of information by reading
your posts. Thanks!
I have what may be a simple question. I ran out and bought a Craftsman
33 gallon air compressor a few months ago. Since then I have found out
how usefull it can be and have started exploring sand blasting.
Needless to say it just wouldnt cut it. It was blast for 10 seconds
wait 3 minutes due to lack of preassure and volume. Since then I have
added another 45 gallons to the tank by running 2 3/8 hoses from the
small to the lasrge. I can blast for a little longer now but still not
ideal. My question is what compressor do I need to buy in order to
help my frustration out? I saw the Puma at HF for $999 and it appears
to be large enough. I know I should have bought one like this up front
but I wanted to stay portable. Can I replace the compressor or add
another one to the 45 gallon tank to fix the problem cheaper?
Sandblasting is pressure washing times 4 in my opinion and very useful
to rejuvinating old metal. I got the 40 lb tank thats on sale this at
HF for $79. Once I tweaked it out it works great.

Any advise is appreciated.

Bill