Re: cedar siding problems

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: cedar siding problems
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:09:37 -0400
At 10:50 PM 7/24/2003 -0400, Steven Trovato wrote:

>>not to pressure wash, as cedar is too soft.
>
>I have vertical cedar, tongue and groove siding on my house.  My painter
>pressure washed it before reapplying a clear, tinted
>stain/preservative.  Nothing terrible happened to it, though in one or two
>places you can see a "stroke mark" from the pressure washer.  I guess it
>helps if you know the right pressure and technique.  The wrong
>pressure/technique can cut a 2x4 in half.

we pressure-washed the beveled cedar siding on my mom's house about 12-15
years ago then re-stained it.  it still looks good.  hmmm...yup, it's been
at least 12 years.

on my old house, we had the same sort of siding, and our idiot painted it
as well.  it was easier just to re-paint it rather than strip and stain.

scott