Re: Oil drain pan that doesn't suck?

To: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>
Subject: Re: Oil drain pan that doesn't suck?
From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:11:37 -0500
>I suppose I could go back to an ordinary drain pan and pour the oil into an
>old antifreeze container for transport, but I was hoping to avoid that.

I'd suggest using bigger containers to pour the used oil into.  I use
20 L drums that various solvents come in.  They've got a screw top
lid on them, which takes a funnel perfectly, they're massive enough
that they can't possibly fall over while being filled, and they hold
enough that I don't have to worry about filing one up with the oil
from one car.  When I get it 3/4 full, I just start a new one (as I
have an endless supply).  While you may not be able to get one of
these (know any chemists?), I'm sure you could come up with something
similar.  A five-gallon gas can would work quite well -- just make
sure to label and keep track of it, so some poor engine isn't treated
to a load of oily gasoline.

David