Concert Floors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Concert Floors
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:52:15 -0400
Ok, I need to finish my floor on my new shop.

It's going to be 6" slap with radiant tube heat inside.  Here are the
questions...

1. I was just going to bury 2' of 2" blue board around the edge, is it
worth wild to also lay it under the slab?

2. Do I need a trench around the edge of the slab?

3. should I use oil or gas for heat?  (oil is most likely cheaper, but gas
allows for a direct vent burner that mounts on the wall)

4. will burying some PVC in the slab (for electrical lines) be a problem?

5. any products to use that are new?  Any to stay away from?

6. anyone here about "Dura-coat" for the finish?  any word either way?

TIA

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.