RE: trailer battery and isolation, is this the way to go?

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: trailer battery and isolation, is this the way to go?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:03:17 -0400
I don't get this part.  The discharged battery is essentially a "load" to
the charged battery.  Whenever I've put a large load on a battery, either
the wiring was sized to handle the load, or the wire gets super hot and
melts stuff.  I don't think there will be enough resistance in the wire to
limit the current.