RE: Cleaning the gutters

To: <w.farrington@verizon.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cleaning the gutters
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:58:18 -0400
I've made a cleaning "tool" for my gutters.

I took two lengths of 3/4 inch copper pipe, and sweated on threaded ends.
the two pipes can be screwed together, or disassembled for storage.  I can
use one pipe for the lower gutters and both connected together for the higher
gutter on the second story of my house.

On one end of the pipe, I screw on a collection of pipe fittings/reducers
the terminates in an air line fitting for my air hoses.  One of the pipes
has a permanently attached collection of fittings that "hooks" over and has
1/8 (I think) brass threaded pipe that points down at about a 45 degree
angle, and acts as a nozzle.

With this arrangement, I can stand on the ground, hang the top end on
the gutter, and attach the air hose.  The "thrust" of the air tends to
want to move the upper end, but it's manageable.  The nozzle blows the
leaves out of the gutters very well.  It does tend to make a bit of a
mess, so I usually follow it with a lawn mowing to collect and bag the
leaves.

Tim Mullen