Re: gas line install question

To: "David Scheidt" <dmschei@attglobal.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gas line install question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:12:35 -0500
> Check your local codes.

Always.  There is good general advice on this list, but you really need to
get a permit and inspection.  I don't have to tell you how dangerous gas is.
And if your shop ever burns down, you don't want to give the insurance
dugans an excuse to deny your claim.

>Copper is usually not approved for burial.

Copper is approved for burial in Saint Paul.  They prefer a seamless coil.
Only method of fittings allowed underground is silver solder.  I used a
continuous coil.  The fittings are above ground, brass flare elbows
connected to black pipe through the concrete walls of basement and shop.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com