RE: [personal] Re: Building my own gas powered compressor

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: RE: [personal] Re: Building my own gas powered compressor
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:34:20 -0800
> > Internet searches for air compressor unloaders also get a ton
> of hits for
> > valves that discharge the pressure in the pump to tank line.  I assume
> > this is just the same name being used for different things?
>
> Sounds to me lots like the pop valve (ie relief valve) alternative I'd
> described below

The distinction is that a pop valve in the tank will have the compressor
still working into full pressure all the time.  An unloader in the line
between the compressor and tank can bleed the pressure in the line back down
to 0, so the compressor isn't doing any work (much like the valve unloaders
found on bigger units).

Randall