Re: Tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tools
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:12:18 -0500
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:46:58PM -0500, MJSUKEY@cs.com wrote:

> what tools do you use in your tinkering that you might not necessarily need
> but you wouldn't do without them now?

While not necessarily a tool, per se, seems I'm constantly using epoxy.
Whether I'm repairing a broken cast iron vise with JB Weld, using 30 minute
epoxy to fill knots in wood before applying a finish or fixing a broken
landscape light where I need a weatherproof bond, it always does the job.
The only problem is there's no one silver bullet for all jobs so I probably
have 3 or 4 types of epoxy around the house and the garage.

JM