Re: Tool inventory

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool inventory
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:07:51 -0800
>This is something I need to do too...   I would think that
>digital pictures of each drawer would be a good idea - I may
>have to start doing that (if I can ever organize my tools
>to actually get them all back in the drawers).
>Tim Mullen

I need to do the photograph thing as well. My downfall in this system is
not writing the details of the transaction on the receipt the day I buy
the tool. And then entering it into the spreadsheet right away... before
my crs kicks in and I forget. I really have no excuse, as I have a pc
set-up in the shop with the spreadsheet on it. It's just easier to throw
the receipt in the in-box tray and get back to the project at hand.

I actually do a fair job of keeping receipts. The ironic thing is that
all the receipts, all the owners manuals, all the warranty paperwork, is
in the file cabinet in the shop... right next to the pc that has the
spreadsheet file... If the shop burns down, not only do I loose the
tools but the records as well.

Sigh, I hate doing this paperwork type of stuff... but I realize it is
an important issue.

Wayne