Re: parts cleaners

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: Re: parts cleaners
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:36:53 -0700
Kai M. Radicke wrote:

> I have a 1 gallon heated Crest ultrasonic cleaner in the shop, and I tried
> the Simple Green and water solution and it ruined a Zenith Stromberg dashpot
> cover.  The dashpot cover now looks like it has pock marks and pits all over
> it.  I can only surmise that Simple Green really does not like the material
> that ZS dashpots are made out of.

This is true, but it is noted in the spec sheet for Simple Green. It will
slowly attack aluminum alloys (using it as an
ultrasonic detergent would accelerate its erosive properties).

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.