RE: Rubber hoses

To: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: Rubber hoses
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:57:00 -0800
> >> There's a little rubber hose that goes from the fan motor back to the
> >> heater box of my car.  The AMCs only used this hose on heater systems
> >> with
> >> A/C. I have a couple of them but they are a little hard.  I broke one
> > trying
> >> to put it on and I don't want to break another one.
> >>
> >> Anyone know of a way to make old rubber more plyable?

My email has been down ... didn't see the original to this or, probably,
most of the replies.

Spray silicone is the best thing I know of to soften old rubber.  It can't
repair cracks, but it will make it more pliable.  Saturate the surface,
leave it for a few minutes, then repeat until it quits sucking it in.
Saturate one last time, then leave it overnight and wipe off the excess.

Randall