Re: 'mirror' like paper

To: "Chip Mautz" <gacarnut@myway.com>
Subject: Re: 'mirror' like paper
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:34:47 +0000
At 21:44 21/03/04 -0600, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net> wrote:

> > Anybody know of a local source of this kinda stuff - either an adhesive
>paper or something that I can glue on?
>
>The mylar balloons which the flower-shop or gift-shop fills with helium.
>Logically, they will sell you one cheaper with no helium fill.  Cut out the
>shape and paste it on.
>
>Good news:  It will be more mirror-like than the paper stuff.
>
>Bad news (maybe):  I have no idea what glue will work.

Check
http://www.thistothat.com/cgi-bin/glue.cgi?lang=en&this=Plastic&that=Plastic
for some ideas. I imagine the Goop would work fine. You just have to find
something whose solvent doesn't attack the Mylar.

Thanks to whoever provided the link to thistothat a while back. It's
invaluable.

Nick Brearley