RE: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps

To: <Eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:10:15 -0700
>    Blockage could be a factor, but the shower at the far end of the
> cottage has really low flow. Makes the morning shower take a long time
> trying to actually get the soap off.

I've taken showers at 25 psi and didn't have any problem ... might be worth
temporarily teeing in a pressure gauge at the head and seeing just how much
pressure you have under actual conditions.

>    Alternatively, is there a good shower head designed to work with low
> pressure? I can live without etching glass but I probably have more
> volume to work with if the shower head was meant to work that way, lots
> of holes pouring water I guess rather than little holes expecting 60psi
> of blasting water through 'em.
>
>    (An HVLP shower head? ;>)

Crazy thought ... ISTR seeing brass sprinkler heads at HF, designed for
watering from a can with almost no pressure.  They should flow all the water
your plumbing can supply ...

Randall