RE: IR thermometer question

To: "nick brearley" <nick@landform.co.uk>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: IR thermometer question
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:16:14 -0700
Rick,

I don't have any personal experience with the Extech unit. I do know that
they have a pretty good reputation. However, nowhere near the reputation of
Fluke!

I have a Fluke I/R DMM Probe and have found it to be very useful around the
shop for automotive applications and for trouble shooting overloaded
electrical connections, which is the reason I bought it.

The Tachometer feature of the Extech unit sounds very useful in automotive
applications. If the price is comparable, I would opt for the Extech unit
for that feature as I would assume that the I/R measurement spec's are
comparable.

Good luck and as always, NFI and YMMV,

Jim Bauder
Scottsdale, AZ