Re: Question on phase converters

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Question on phase converters
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:06:38 -0500
----- Original Message -----

> Question:  I'm tired of passing up good machinery deals due to only having
> single phase power, on the other hand I've always disliked the general
> idea of phase converters.  Hard starting, less efficiency, etc.  Or maybe
> my ideas about using phase converters is out of date or simply wrong.

I bought an old PowerMatic 12" table saw. I has a 3hp 3-phase motor. It also
came with a phase converter. (I couldn't pass up the whole package for an
asking price of $100...)

I have had no problems with starting or lack of power. I admit I don't know
anything about phase converters. Just that this one works.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961