Re: Table saws

To: Eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Table saws
From: "David C." <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:56:40 -0800
I had a Delta contractor's saw for about 15 years and it was fine.  Last
year I upgraded to a Grizzly cabinet saw (Unisaw knock-off) and I am quite
happy with it.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G1023S

In addition to the basic saw I got the extra wide ripping capacity (built
my own side table) and the sliding table for cross cuts.  I also built a
big outfeed table in back which doubles as a plywood storage cabinet.  The
sliding table is nice and very precise, but it takes up a lot of room and I
probably wouldn't get it again, since I recently got a new radial arm saw
that does 98% of my cross cutting.  However, when I got the sliding table I
was without a RA saw and wasn't sure if I was going to get another one.

Dave C