Re: Air Compressors - my story

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressors - my story
From: "David C." <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:05:42 -0800
I got my air compressor about 15 years ago at a yard sale.  It is an old
red Sears model, 3 HP, 220 motor.  It was kind of beat up when I got it,
and when I got it home it wouldn't pump up.  I pulled the heads and found
the valves were lunched.  I got a pop can and a pair of scissors and made
some new ones, and it's been working fine ever since.  I also made a belt
guard out of hardware cloth and wood framing.  It gets used mostly to run
brad guns and occasionally my impact wrench to change tires, and the odd
spray paint job.  I occasionally wish it would die again and give me an
excuse to get a new 2 stage model, but it keeps on chugging away.
Dave C