RE: Pool heaters

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pool heaters
From: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:55:08 -0500
This list is just a vast source of knowledge..

Thought I would ask if anyone here knows about swimming pool heaters.

Our regular gas heater for our inground "liner" pool has died after 18 years
of use.

I was just going to replace it with another Hayward nat gas heater when I
saw some thing about heat pumps for pools.

Now the gas heater will run in the $1200 range.  We have a 19 foot by 43
foot pool...with a 8 foot deep end...so it is no small. We have a 3/4 inch
gas line feeding the pool heater. ( well the one that was there).

Does anyone know about heat pump pool heaters.

We cant do solar...we are in Buffalo NY and besides we have no place to put
the panels...

Suggestions...observations..opinions....welcome..

Tony V
www.lotusowners.com