Welding Book

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welding Book
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:18:22 -0500
        My FIL got me a Victor portable oxy-acetylene outfit for Christmas
this year.  A very cool gift.

        I know enough to be able to set it up and cut metal, which of course
is going to be its primary purpose, but I thought that it would be
fun to learn to weld with gas.  So is there a favorite book out there
for me to buy to pick up the basics?  I don't have time to take a
class, or I would.  And really, I'd be more likely to use a stick
welder or a MIG to actually weld when it counts.  But I think gas
welding would be a good arrow to add to my quiver.

-Paul