Re: Electrical question

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical question
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:36:28 -0600
Marc,

If the service is on the house, and the garage is attached, then the
house ground rod will do. Just run the garage ground back to the house
main panel. Check with your local electrical inspector to see what size
wire is needed. Here in Austin, Texas we have to use a minimum of #4.

If your garage is a separate building the same ground wire is needed
between the main panel and the sub panel, but a ground rod is also
required at the garage.

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --