Storage building construction

To: "shop-talk list" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Storage building construction
From: "Marty Sukey" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:01:53 -0500
As I am sitting around this cold damp Ohio weather I am trying to do some
spring project planning. I guess I have had enough cold already. Anyhow... I
have about 900 foot of 1" x 3" steel tubing that I purchased for a project
that I never got around to building.   As I was trying to figure out a good
use for it I thought that I could use it for framing to build a 24x24, 3
sided extension to my barn to store mowers, car parts and probably junk in.
I was pondering the most cost effective way to fill in the space between the
frame work (read walls and roof).  I have seen plenty of metal siding and
roofing used out in the country. Anybody ever use this stuff? Is it any
cheaper than conventional wood sheeting and shingle roofing?  It really
doesn't matter what it looks like because it will be smaller than my barn
and wont be seen unless you got out back and look. I am just looking for
something to keep the stuff out of the direct weather. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marty