Dehumidifier output = distilled water?

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dehumidifier output = distilled water?
From: Mike Lee <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:43:38 -0800
I've been running a dehumidifier 24/7 in our house for the past few weeks;
it's been wet enough here (Oregon; 28 straight days of rain) that it's pulling
2-3 gallons a day.  Is the water coming out of the dehumidifier pretty much
equivalent to distilled water?
I'm not planning on drinking it, but it'd be a very convenient source of water
for when I flush out the radiators in the cars.  Is there a simple way to test
for mineral content in the water, which I guess is the only thing I'd need to
be worried about?

TIA,
Mike