Re: HF Dual MIG Welder

To: JAMES STONE <jandkstone99@msn.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HF Dual MIG Welder
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:49:51 -0800 (PST)
Reading the maiual from the HF web site, I noticed:

1:  It's 220 volts, but I'm sure you know that.
2:  It has a rather crude power output control, with
    two toggle switches.  It might be a hassle getting
    the right power level to weld thin sheet metal
    well.  I have a Lincoln SP125, which has a
    electronically-controlled continuously-adjustable
    power level.  But I really splurged when I got it.
3:  The tip is probably hot whenever it is turned
    on, even when you let go of the trigger.  This
    means you have to be careful where you put down
    the torch.

But I agree, it's cheap.  BTW, I have never been
limited by my unit being 120 volts.  I can do 1/8"
no problem.  You just need a good, honest 20 amp
outlet.

Doug Braun