Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:47:49 -0500
Anyway, I ended up going to L**es and getting a Lincoln/Harris "Port-a-Torch"
set.  I was pleasantly surprised, because
I had assumed that they merely stuck their name on some generic Chinese import
set, but the torch is actually
made by Harris in Ireland.

Then I went to get the bottles filled (actually they exchange the Acetylene),
which took only about 10 minutes.

One minor annoyance was that the set did not come with a special wrench (3/16"
square) to open and close
the acetylene valve, and I did not realize this until I got home.

At this point, after playing with it for 15 minutes, I can turn a bolt into a
puddle of molten metal real quick.
Hopefully I will learn more skills than that :-)

Doug