Oxy-Propane?

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oxy-Propane?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 06:25:46 -0800 (PST)
So, I was thinking:  For non-welding applications,
it would be nice to use propane instead of acetylene
with my nifty new Port-a-Torch set.

Is it possible to get an adapter that would let
me connect the acetylene regulator to a barbeque-style
propane cylinder?  I know the threads on the regulator
are "CGA-200" size.  Is there an similar designation
for the threads on a propane cylinder, so I could
go ask for a "CGS-123 to CGS-200 adaptor"?

Also, would this even work?  Is an acetylene
regulator,
hoses, torch, etc. even suitable for propane?

While we're on the subject, what about an adapter for
those disposable MAPP cylinders?  Or would those be
just as expensive to use as MC-size acetylene?

Doug