Re: drill doctor

To: healeybn7@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: drill doctor
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 04:06:41 +0000
From: healeybn7@aol.com

> Anyone using a drill doctor, and have any comments on effectiveness?

Works like a champ.

>  A guy at
> work says he has used one and it works great to sharpen dull bits.

Sure does.

> I would
> think that it might easily go thru the heat treat layer,

High Speed Steel should be hard all the way through.  Machine shops have been
sharpening twist drills forever.

>The bits I get these days seem to be pretty low quality.

Buy good ones.  Keep them sharp.  Throw them away when the get too short.

> Being able to sharpen them and get more life out of them would be nice.

Especially when you are working on a tough job in the middle of the night and
can't get another drill that size.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,