Re: Car insurance problem off topic...

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Car insurance problem off topic...
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:50:10 -0500
Yes, but....

My insurance company's claims line representative couldn't identify the
company, nor could my agent.  The problem with depending too much on
your insurance COMPANY to ferret it out is that I would have had to file
a claim with them to get them to do the work.  That leaves it on my
record, even though we were not at fault.  Some companies and
underwriters will boost your rates because of too many "incidents"
regardless of fault.  This confirmed by both my agent and my favorite
body shop guy.

I have received some good advice from the many that responded, so thanks
to all.  I found the company, hidden behind an on-line presence called
"APlus".  Not very intuitive.