Re: [Shop-talk] Snake Light

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Snake Light
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:33:05 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Mike Lee wrote:
>> So this is a good time to mention these:
>>
>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.46
>>
>> I've got a few of these I picked up at Harbor Freight (and thought they
>> were a good deal at $5/ea on sale, let alone at this price!).
>>
>> They're awesome.  Small, so they fit places easily.  Rugged.  Pretty
>> bright.  Price is killer.
>>
>> Every toolbox & car should have one.
>
> I dunno if the deal is still valid, but Home Depot was selling 3-packs
> of these flashlights for $5 (or $1.67 each including the batteries!) the
> weekend after Thanksgiving; I snagged a few sets.  They still seem to be
> still selling some of the other sale stuff at the same price (i.e. the
> Gorilla ladder) when I was there this weekend, so maybe they still have
> them?

Yeah, TP Tools had what sounds to be a similar three pack w/batteries for
$7 at their thanksgiving thing.  My dad bought a set.

They're very similar (and good enough, for the goal), but not quite the
same.  The metal tube is thinner and the light isn't quite as bright.

I don't know if you could tell the difference without them side by side to
compare though.

It amazes me that selling these things at these prices is profitable for
someone.  At $5/ea I guess I can see it, but you'd think there'd be $2 of
materials/production cost alone in these things, let alone cost of
shipping, etc.!

Mark