Re: [Shop-talk] 6 volts

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 6 volts
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:21:04 -0500
*The 8 volt thing worked pretty good on tractors and industrial units but
had it's drawbacks in  an auto application.  My college "ride" was a 52
Chevy with a very hotted up 302 CI GMC motor.  The 8 volt battery made it
start lots better and the light were very bright!  However, every light bulb
on the car would blow within 2 or 3 months, even the dome light, and the
vibrator in the radio would die*
*in shorter time. *
*Tony*
*"Since 12 volts are so much better than 6, why didn't we just start with 24
volts in the first place?"*