Re: [Shop-talk] Finding underground plastic water pipes.

To: Drew Rogge <drew@DasRogges.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Finding underground plastic water pipes.
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:42:54 -0700
Drew - I've traced assorted PCV and ABS pipe with a metal rod attached
to a 2x4 handle.  I know where it started, so just poked in the ground
till I hit the pipe.  I then moved a bit further and poked till I hit
the pipe again.  Every place I hit the pipe, I put down a rock.  Once I
had the direction down, it was easier to guess the path till the pipe
changed direction.  This is good for pipe up to about 2 feet down in my
clay soil.

Brian