Re: [Shop-talk] Handheld A/C voltage sensor curiosities

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Handheld A/C voltage sensor curiosities
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:11:24 -0400
On 8/14/2010 9:09 AM, Jimmie Mayfield wrote:
> Seems most of the outer walls and especially the ceilings directly below
> the roof indicate the presence of an A/C voltage (sensitivity is supposedly
> 70V-440V).  This happens even in places where I'm sure there are no wires

Weird.  And it's a Fluke meter?  That should not be a POS.  Maybe its
batteries are bad?  Is there some zeroing or calibration procedure you
overlooked?  Or it's just plain malfunctioning?  Do you have old style
plaster over metal mesh lath?  Could be picking that up.

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive