OK, here is the background, a few years ago my parents removed their
fireplace insert for a natural gas fireplace.
It was professionally installed.
they used if for most of the winter, then they noticed their entire
ceiling in that room was black with soot. They called the installers who
came out and checked it. They could find nothing wrong and they blamed
them for running it with the flue closed.
That summer, they stripped the ceilings and repainted. The next winter,
the same thing.
My question, what can be causing this excess soot? Is there something
with the burner? Is there a way to check the flame's efficiency?
Is there some other place I should look to?
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
Suggested annual donation $12.96