Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:23:22 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Randall wrote:

>> So here's my other dumb question... Can you just toss the
>> panel on the
>> dashboard and have it work,
>
> It will work, although likely not as well as having the module in direct
> sunlight.  Having the truck facing the right way, panel tilted for maximum
> effect and so on will help.

One more... What wattage do I want?

Here's the real deal... My '06 Chevy van will slowly discharge a battery
if let sit for a week or two.  Presumably there's an actual small current
draw somewhere that I haven't found (it might help to look for it.... :-),
and I'm thinking I can just get one of these to toss on the dash because
I'm lazy.

Ease of use / no hassle is the biggest factor, followed by cost.

Mark

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive