[Shop-talk] scaffold clamps (?) pipe clamps (?)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] scaffold clamps (?) pipe clamps (?)
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:04:41 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not sure what these things would be called, but I need some... :)  Maybe
you
folks might know the name of what I'm looking for...

I have a cargo rack
on my SUV.  It's an "expedition" rack, and is made of  1"
round tubing.  I
want to attach my Yakima round bars to it, so I can use my
existing Yakima
attachments.  However, I don't have anything to securely clamp
the Yakima
bars to the existing rack.  I need something which will attach one
round bar
to another round bar.  Ideally, I'd trim the Yakima bar flush, and the
fitting to connect the bars will look like a "T".  Otherwise, it'd be just as
good to have the fitting look like a "+", with one bar sitting atop the
other.
I'd like the fittings to be secure (i.e. not easily removeable), and
they'd need
to manage some weight as well.

I'm sure such things exist.  I
think I've seen fittings similar to what I'm
looking for used to hold
together building scaffoldings, and I'm positive I've
seen such things at
Harbor Freight (albeit years ago in a clearance bin....
doh!).  If any of you
know what these things are called, I'd appreciate it if
you let me know.
Thanks,
Mike

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html