Re: [Shop-talk] noid light

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] noid light
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:23:07 -0700
> Can I use a
> digital voltmeter to test? (Start engine, remove connector and put the
> voltmeter's probes on the two contacts.

With the engine running, the signal moves too fast for a voltmeter to
follow.  But if you can see no voltage with the engine stopped, and voltage
with it running, chances are that power is getting to the injector.
Depending on how fast your voltmeter is, you may be able to see it jumping
around at cranking speed.

A dwell meter also would work, if you have one.

> I don't have a noid light. Is that an LED or some special light bulb?

Nothing special about it, except having a plug to match your injector
harness.  It's just a light bulb, either incandescent or LED (with a
dropping resistor for 12v operation).  An ordinary test light works just as
well, once you get it connected (but don't short those two pins together or
you will be buying an ECU).

Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96