Re: [Shop-talk] Patching fiberglass

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Patching fiberglass
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:37:51 -0500
*The question of polyester vs epoxy comes up in Lotus discussions often.
The Miles Wilkins book, "How to Restore Fibreglass Bodywork", was once
considered the absolute bible of Lotus glass repair .   I have an '88
edition in which Wilkins states:  "All automotive fibreglass is polyester".*
*A quick look at the wiki on epoxy indicates it been around since the
1930s.  I'm curious; does anyone know the early users of epoxy resins as
automotive glass-reinforced-plastic?  *

*Tony in Texas*

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:

> Is there a reasonably simple way to tell the difference between
> polyester and epoxy?
>
> Doug

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96