[Shop-talk] Motion sensor lights in the wind

To: ShopTalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Motion sensor lights in the wind
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 19:34:37 -0800
I am on my second set of motion sensor lights on my detached garage. The first
set (turned out to be) was an elcheapo $25 buy from costco. It lasted about 3/4
of a year before the sensor stopped working: motion would set the lights off
but then they would not shut off. Now I have a set working from ACE. The retail
cost was about $55. This set seems to be working fine.

My problem is when it is windy. Both sets have acted the same in the wind:
Pretty much no matter the wind speed, they get (got) set off. I have the
current fixture on the least sensitive setting and it still just "flashes" all
night with the wind.

Is there anything I can do?

I would be more than happy to send pics to any one who might be able to help if
they thought seeing the set up would help.

TIA!

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html