Re: [Shop-talk] 35mm slide scanner?

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 35mm slide scanner?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:15:42 -0600
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Interesting timing as I was just looking at this same thing. B I plan to
> order a Wolverine F2D-300 from Costco.com on 2 Dec when they go on sale for
> $89.99 ($40 off). B The reviews for this new model (sold by Costco and the
> manufacture only so far as I can tell) and the F2D-200 at Amazon are very
> good. B The 200 is 5 mega pixel while the 300 jumps to 7.3. B It also adds
an
> image brightness adjustment.
>
> Google
> "Wolverine F2D-300 35mm Slides and Negatives to 7.3 Megapixel Digital Image
> Converter" and the top result takes you to a site where you can download
the
> manual. B The second result is the manufactures merchant site. B The Costco
> link is fourth.
>
> You can also see the products outside Costco by going to the very bottom of
> the page at
> http://secure.serverlab.net/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=T00107
>
> Brian

I sent this info to Mark, but thought it worth sharing with the group.
Regardless of what you're scanning or what scanner you're using, I
highly recommend VueScan (www.hamrick.com) as the software. A small
stand alone app rather than a plug-in, it's very easy to use and
automatically recognizes just about every scanner ever made. Has
excellent clean up and color correction filters included.

Free to try, standard version is $40 (one year of updates), pro
version (lifetime updates and a couple of extra features) $80.
Versions available for Mac, PC and Linux.

FWIW,
Ron

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96